A few of us 'long-timers' have been struggling a bit lately. I started September at 111, went down to 110.4, up to 113, and back to 111. A non-productive, non-losing non-month!!
I feel like I've reached a plateau, but not in the usual sense. It's not like I'm working hard and not losing. But I feel like I've plateaued in my efforts and thinking.I'm sneaking in sweet treats that I have no business eating. And telling myself they won't matter (especially if nobody sees me eating them).
Liz and Alby and Andrea have also hit bumps in the road lately. We have to shake ourselves and get out of this!!
We also have to recognize that life is not linear - there will be curves and bumps forever more.
I've been very, very focussed on getting under 100kg by the end of the year. I made no progress towards that goal in September. Now that we're into October, it's looking harder and harder to get there. Not impossible, but harder. I think I'm afraid I won't make it, so I won't try.
Now that I have written that thought, I'm going to try to prove to myself that I can do it, or get bloody close. If the year ends with me still being over 100kg, I'll still look and feel better than last New Year's Eve when I was 133kg.
Let's uncork those bottles we preserved when we felt so invincible with our WW journeys, and get back to it.

OMG what is it with September! I totally hear you! as you know ive put on everything i lost 3 kg down 3kg up grrrr. Im hopeing to get to the 88kg mark before new years but its just taking so long and the chocie and coke is so yummy oh and the banana cake and smothered in cream potato bake.... ah well... just gotta keep moving forward!
ReplyDeleteHere ill kick your butt *kick* now u kick mine hahahaha :P
now im off to invent YUMMY ww chocie not the stuff that tastes like carab! (no need to invent ww coke cos that exsists - not that i drink it lol hmm wonder what my problem is... not)
Hey Deb, I posted a reply to this over on my blog xx
ReplyDeleteHi Deb, no not upset at all - you just inspired me to post about what's going. I find its a bit like talking things through, blogging gives me a chance to focus, get things out of my head, put them in order and make sense of them! You actually helped me!
ReplyDelete