Friday, October 1, 2010

United Nations Day

I hate this New Zealand shirt! I've worn it each UN Day but I could never do it up. I've always had to wear it open, over a black singlet. This year, I did it up and it's baggy!!

It's UN Day here at school. I love UN Day! It's such a colorful day with proud, excited children celebrating our nationalities. Every child talked about their costume before we went to the gymnasium for UN Day assembly. 55 flags were presented, representing the nationalities of the 1000+ students of Pres-School - Grade 2. Everyone claps and cheers for their own country, and this is an American school so you can imagine the noise they make when the US flag arrives! Parents brought great food from all around the world for a shared lunch. I tried to choose wisely.
Lost 600g this week, so I'm happy with that.
I avoided the Canadian food - all sweet stuff.
Japanese food is always good.

Home made hummus - YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment