Woah!! I've taken on a huge challenge today. Hugely exciting too. One that I likely won't meet entirely but I will be a winner if I lose even half of the weight proposed in the challenge! I'm joining Lucy in her challenge to lose 20 kg in 20 weeks. I won't be doing a 20km run like she is, but I will come up with a plan to do 20km on the crosstrainer over a few days when she does her run. My SENSIBLE plan has been to lose the next 20kg by New Year's Eve. Since I have already lost 17.5kg, losing 20kg in 20 weeks might be an unattainable goal, but I don't care. I'm going to try!
Here's what Lucy wrote the following on her blog. http://www.diminishinglucy.com/
Okay. Deep breath.
Here is my plan.
20:20:20
20 kilograms
20 weeks
20 kilometeres
Between now and October
I am going for it.
Here is my plan.
20:20:20
20 kilograms
20 weeks
20 kilometeres
Between now and October
I am going for it.
Obviously, I am going to blog about it in here.
I will be posting once a week, probably on a Thursday, with weigh ins. (These will be in kilos, as well as muscle, hydration and body fat %). Maybe even photos.
My focus will be this:
- Tracking all my intake in Calorie King (sticking to my plan)
- Exercising 6 days a week. Without fail
- 2 litres of water a day
- Some form of non-food nurturing for myself every day
I would really like it if you were all in it with me, to make me feel a


Legend legend legend. I am so glad. xx
ReplyDeleteGood on you Deb! I'll be happy to lose half that amount in 20 weeks which I'm planning to do for my son's wedding in Bali 5 months from now!
ReplyDeleteBTW - how about an updated photo of you now that you've lost a fair bit more?
Have a great day! Gae oxoxo
Morning Deb! Your teacher voice is really scary! It shot me into action! I have to admit I did feel much better...although I had to get out of the pool early because there was lightning and my young son promptly appeared to tell me to get out of the water!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks again for the motivation! Hopefully I can return the favour!!!!!
Go Deb! (and Lucy) - I wish you all the best on your challenge! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Deb :) I just came from Lucy's blog :P I'm feeling a little faint on your behalf but am so IN on the weightloss part. Um... the running maybe not so much :P I do want to start running though so will be watching with interest! GOOD LUCK! Love your piccies on the side bar! Looking fantastic!
ReplyDeleteDeb, I have just posted about the challenge with a new linky and flash new button too! I would love it if you would join in again...xx
ReplyDelete